June 6-7, 2019 at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in Phoenix, AZ.
Come for two days of doors-closed, candid conversation to help ambitious women
* Connect with like-minded colleagues and find new mentors
* Identify concrete ways to achieve work/life balance and stay excited
* Map a fantastic, satisfying career in development
* Leave with a 90-day action plan to jump-start new levels of achievement
Every hour brings new tactical tools and open table conversations. By Friday evening, every participant will have talked with, taught, and learned from one another.
We are creating a community of UPLIFT.
Our keynote speaker, Jennifer Palmieri, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Dear Madam President, will make us laugh, maybe tear up just a little, and will definitely inspire us to show up authentically and entirely for our best work.
Topics we’ll cover:
CURATE YOUR CAREER
* Where are you headed/what do you want?
* What is necessary to get there?
* How to demonstrate your value (invaluability!)
ON THE WORK SIDE…
* Metrics that matter
* Proactive reporting
* Leveraged leadership – taking on smart experiments
* 5 steps you can take in the next 90 days to become invaluable
* Professional development
* Building vibrant networks…where you work and beyond
ON THE LIFE SIDE…
* What do you need to feel better balance?
* Power of mindset
* Making proactive choices
* Finding creativity boosts
LOVE YOUR WORK
* How to co-create the most transformative gifts
* Bolder, more meaningful, super purposeful donor conversations
* How to get in the most elusive doors
* How to turn the conversation to money
* Purposeful listening skills
* Creative consultation with dean/director to create powerful donor relationships
* Creating powerful, actionable, ambitious strategies
* VIP List – plans for surprising, delightful follow-up that gets the gift
FEED YOUR FUTURE
* 90 Day Action Plan to Achieve Your Biggest Goal
* Decide what moves the needle most and prioritize it
* Time blocking
* Daily productivity plan
* Saying no!
*Full participation in UPLIFT is applicable for 13.5 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
*Participation in UPLIFT may assist you in learning or reviewing concepts covered on the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) examination as detailed on the Test Content Outline provided by CFRE International. CFRE International does not sponsor or endorse any educational programs and UPLIFT was not developed in conjunction with CFRE International.
We'll start at 9AM on June 6th and end on 6PM on the 7th, so you may want to fly in on the 5th and leave on Saturday, the 8th.
We have a limited block of rooms, so book soon!
*Lunch both days and super-fun special reception Thursday night are included!
*Light rail from PHX to hotel is under $5. Uber is less than $20.
*Tons of restaurants in walking distance.
*Complimentary access to EOS Fitness just across the courtyard.
You'll get a new, ultra-beautiful professional headshot!
Our very own phenomenal photographer, Brian Goodman, will set up a sweet space at the Kimpton Hotel for your brand new headshot. He'll email it to you after UPLIFT.
Download this email template with all of the details your boss needs to say yes.
Jennifer Palmieri is the author of the number 1 New York Times bestselling book Dear Madam President and one of the most accomplished political and communications strategists in America today. Jennifer served as head of communications for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and White House communications director under President Barack Obama. She was also White House deputy press secretary for President Bill Clinton, national press secretary for the Democratic Party, and national press secretary for the 2004 John Edwards for President campaign. She serves as an advisor to the Emerson Collective and has been a frequent contributor to the Washington Post, TIME magazine and other national print outlets, and is a frequent guest commentator on MSNBC news shows. She resides in Maryland with her husband, Jim Lyons.
Nancy Jackson and Jenna Goodman bring a combined 25 years of fundraising experience and have personally raised over $70 million for arts, education and environment as staff and volunteers. We don’t just teach fundraising, we do it, actively and ambitiously.
Jackson and Goodman created a robust training curriculum for nonprofits, currently taught as “Fundraisers’ University” for Douglas County Community Foundation and “Fund Development Institute” for Nonprofit Connect in Kansas City. Fundraisers’ Monthly, an online program, offers similar and more detailed training and support for individuals.
Our consulting practice specializes in: creating actionable fundraising plans that maximize major gifts; storytelling that connects with donors; board activation; teambuilding; strategic plans based on clear theory of change and vision/outcome.
Leave us your info! We'll send conference updates and work/life inspiration.